Tuesday, October 11, 2011
















When I begin making a soup or stew I want everyone to eat, I put in only vegetables I know Annie has enjoyed in the past. Which makes for some short ingredient lists! This stew was simple but very tasty. I sauteed onions and garlic in olive oil (I have to chop the onions very, very small or they gag her). I added a few cups of water, two cans of tomato paste, and a few cubed potatoes and simmered until the potatoes were soft. Toward the end I put in a bag of frozen sweet peas and a package of ground beef style seitan (that we got at a local closeout store called Town Talk so we'll probably never see that brand again, pity). And that's it! Made some cornbread to go with it and had a filling autumn meal that no one complained about! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment